HISTORY OF THE BAPTIST CHURCH
NAME: _________________________________ DATE: _______________________
Circle the letter with the correct answer.
1. Which of the two men were credited with starting the first Baptist church in the
A. Sharper Morris and Scriven
B. Prince Williams and Scriven
C. Sharper Morris and Prince Williams
2. Which of the churches did the founders started and what is special about it?
A. They started Zion Baptist church and it is the oldest Baptist church
B. They started Bethel Baptist church and it is the oldest Baptist church
C. They started St. John’s Native Baptist Church and it is the oldest
3. Which of the following church was established by Prince Williams after he was
locked out of the first church?
A. St. John’s Native Baptist Church
B. First Baptist Church
C. Bethel Baptist Church
4. Who built Zion Chapel on August and for what purpose?
A. Pastor Scriven built Zion to attract white members
B. Sharper Morris built Zion to attract white members
C. Joseph Burton built Zion to attract white members
5. Which of the following is the Baptist religion known for?
A. They are known for their splitting habits, called multiplication by division
B. They are known for sticking together under one church
C. They are known for having a conference every month
6. What does the term multiplication by division means?
A. It means that the many Baptist Churches grew out of splitting when ever leaders
could not resolve their conflicts
B. It means that the many Baptist Churches remain together, recruited members
C. It means that the many Baptist Churches stuck together, and grew out of that sticking
7. What are the three main groups of Baptist?
A. Zion Baptist, Upper Zion Baptist and First Baptist
B. Bethel, St. John’s and Zion Baptist Church
C. St. John’s, Bahamas Baptist and Zion Baptist
8. When was the Baptist Bible Missionary and Education convention formed and why?
A. It as formed in 1935 to unify the Baptist family of all islands of the Bahamas
B. It was formed in 1936 to unify the Baptist family of all islands of the Bahamas
C. It was formed in 1937 to unify the Baptist family of all islands of the Bahamas